To create a new assessment:
- Click on your User Profile
- Select the '+' in the top right corner
3. Select the space where the assessment will live
4. Select if you would like to use Handin or Turnitin
5. Input the title, open/close and grade release dates and whether you want the assessment hidden from students or not
Change these settings
To alter these settings, you need to go back into your profile and click on the three horizontal dots and click 'edit':
Change additional settings on Turnitin
There are a number of different settings you can select on Turnitin. For instance, you can choose to allow for late submissions, for students to resubmit until the assessment closes, and more. Here's an article from Turnitin which explains these settings.
To make sure you have the right settings on Turnitin, you need to
- Click into the Turnitin assessment
- Select 'Settings'
- Click on 'Additional settings'
- Make any changes
- Click 'done'
Share the assessments with students
Students will then be able to access the assessment through their profiles, so long as you've made the assessment visible.
Additionally, you can add the assessment link into your Materials/ Feed/ Messages. You can do this by clicking on the green plus sign and selecting the assessment. Note - students will only be able to access this if you've made the assessment visible.
Need help or have feedback? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on the question mark at the bottom of the Aula page.
For any issues directly with Turnitin, please reach out to them directly using this form.